Matthew 5:14-16

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." ~Matthew 5:14-16

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Song by Josh Wilson: "I Refuse."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbH0IWZL05s
I heard this song via my friend, Maize's presentation of her 3 month trip to Israel. The lyrics of this song touched me and I felt like standing up, hands over my heart with my eyes closed, singing with it. I strongly agree with the song. This is how a Christian should be. Yes, this is how I need to be! I must stop being complacent and comfortable. I should care, and not only just care, but do something about it. How much do I care for the state of the lost? the poor? the helpless? the weary? the suffering? What am I doing to show that I care?
Something to ponder deeply: What am I doing to shine God's light in this present dark world?

No comments:

Post a Comment